CYE/RYE (Conference Youth Events/Regional Youth Events)

I hope each youth can attend at least one of these events this year!

• Fall Middle School CYE: October 3-5, “Extravagant Welcome,” Pilgrim Point
  • Fall High School CYE: October 17-19, “Courageous Conversations,” Pilgrim Point
  • Fall Middle/High School RYE: October 31-November 2, First Baptist Church of the Brethren, Cedar Rapids, IA
  • Winter High School CYE: March 13-15, Camp Koinonia, South Haven, MN
  • Spring Middle School CYE: May 15-17, Pilgrim Point

Fun and Fellowship Activities

We plan to average one each month. Events will be in the evening. Dates will be confirmed with families in advance and be rescheduled if necessary. Youth are always welcome to bring friends!

• Movie Night (September): Sunday, September 28th, 6:00pm in the Youth Lounge, free pizza provided
  • Pumpkin Carving (October): Sunday, October 26th 6:00pm in the Fellowship Hall, free pizza provided
  • Bowling at Wow! Zone (November): Sunday, November 23rd, meet at 5:00pm in the Youth Lounge to carpool to Mankato, free dinner will be provided at Wow! Zone
  • Christmas Party/White Elephant Gift Exchange (December): Sunday, December 14th, 6:00pm in the Youth Lounge, free pizza provided

Sunday School

Echo the Story, by Sparkhouse

Sunday at 10:10am, beginning Sunday, September 21st

“From creation to the formation of the church, students enter into each Biblical story imaginatively making observations, drawing, writing, and participating in group dialogue. Echo the Story 12 is a 12-session overview of the Bible for youth. The complete Echo the Story experience helps participants discover meaning and identity in the biblical narrative using a DVD, participant Sketch Journal, and detailed Leader Guide.”

Service Activities

I hope to offer a couple of service activities per semester for our Youth Group to be part of. Around Thanksgiving and Christmastime, Loaves & Fishes usually needs help packing food boxes for families, so that’s one option, and I’ll keep an eye out for details.

I hope that we will have Cows for Christmas/Parents Night Out again this December, and help from youth playing with children would be greatly appreciated, so I’ll pass along details on that one as they’re firmed up.

Comments

07/16/2015 7:00am

Education and learning is not only relevant to the actual simplicity additionally, it relevant to present along with inward clothing and yes it grew to be a man in order to fashioning and various coming from other people.

02/24/2017 12:01pm

For the youth, it is always a must in terms of learning. While we are young, we should be eager to learn something new. Learning is not just something you should know, it should be something good we can apply to our daily lives. In our time right now, you’ll be called as a loser if you don’t know anything. So, if you are knowledgeable, you can be higher than them or even can boost your own confidence.

I'm very pleased to uncover this site. I want to to thank you for ones time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every part of it and I have you saved as a favorite to see new stuff on your blog.

I hope that we will have Cows for Christmas/Parents Night Out again this December too ;) Cool events, by the way)

10/02/2016 3:24am

UCM youth and their abilities of producing and making things are seriously mind blowing. Their articles are also very well-known and people should make plan according to this.

01/13/2017 5:21am

Hi there, I read your blogs on a regular basis. Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. Thanks for sharing.