We had five youth attend Pilgrim Point Summer Camp in Alexandria, MN from July 27 – August 1. They were Carter B., Jayden M., Konnor M., Nick S., and Cody W. Jeff and I attended as adult volunteers during the second half of the week. Many thanks to Dick D. who drove our youth up to Alexandria on Sunday, July 27! I took some fun pictures of our time together and hope you enjoy them!

Our high school youth had the opportunity to put their faith in action and help build a house for Habitat for Humanity in Alexandria, and everyone had the chance to take part in a high ropes challenge course. A high point of the week was the “Spirit Dash” on Thursday afternoon, where groups of youth went from station to station to complete challenges like carrying buckets of water on their heads three-legged-relay style, or styling each other into characters using shaving cream. There was also plenty of time dedicated to faith formation, Christian education, worship, and enjoying Lake Ida.

I know that Jeff and I had a great time, and I think our youth did, too. I hope that there will be many more years to come of youth camping together at The United Church!

Comments

Throughout fourteenth hundred years, when understanding and also obtaining a great knowledge can be a great deal difficult individuals drop knowledge, yet nowadays persons could take up several choices intended for knowledge such as article writing, on the internet teaching, along with length mastering and so forth.

Summer camps can be a very nostalgic experience for adults. It bring us back to the days when we were very young and very excited to meet new friends. We always look forward to this time of the year. Now that its our kids turn to go, it's nice when we get to join them. I am not sure if they would want that because I remember some kids want to be away from their nagging parents even for just a few days.

10/15/2015 7:29am

While organizing summer camp, it should be kept in mind that the place must be in cool areas to protect children from the intensity of heat. They can enjoy their summer camp in that places better.

10/24/2015 8:33am

Pilgrim point is that place in which people assemble their camps. Though organizing summer camp, it should be kept in mind that the place must be in cool areas to protect children from the strength of warmth. During tourism or go to this place they see many other camps like that.

02/12/2016 8:20pm

Can I just say what a relief to find somebody that genuinely knows what they're talking about on the web. You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people really need to look at this and understand this side of your story. I can't believe you're not more popular given that you surely have the gift.

04/27/2016 4:05am

Faith is the best thing a camping was done in the pilgrims point. This is the best place for enjoyment. Students visited here

05/03/2016 8:41am

Children’s decided to do fun so they planned a pilgrim point a summer camp was introduced for having fun.

05/03/2016 8:41am

05/03/2016 9:57am

In this season children decided to go with their friends at pilgrim camping. Camping is the best way for learning and doing things in groups. The camping was held in summer when the children’s having off from the school.

05/10/2016 8:46pm

Unlike your more fancy camping cots, army cots are much more simple, often consisting of just the metal frame to elevate the body and the strong, nylon based ...

06/07/2016 1:29am

Thanks for sharing such a pleasant thinking, piece of writing is good, thats why i have read it entirely

07/10/2016 9:22pm

Your summer camp is very helpful for young people!

09/26/2016 8:01am

Thank you, sir, that you shering article on your web page is enough to make me satisfied and happy to read and understand what you write. I am a person who is still learning the article you wrote is very helpful at all for me. I hope his future is no more interesting information in this web masters, for which I can from the writings of the father, I can only say thank you, hopefully more successful.

01/02/2017 12:40am

Make sure you are not found unawares while looking for the perfect tents for camping with the entire family! Check out for the sale!