I hope each youth can attend at least one of these events this year!
- Fall Middle School CYE: October 3-5, “Extravagant Welcome,” Pilgrim Point
- Fall High School CYE: October 17-19, “Courageous Conversations,” Pilgrim Point
- Fall Middle/High School RYE: October 31-November 2, First Baptist Church of the Brethren, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Winter High School CYE: March 13-15, Camp Koinonia, South Haven, MN
- Spring Middle School CYE: May 15-17, Pilgrim Point
Fun and Fellowship Activities
We plan to average one each month. Events will be in the evening. Dates will be confirmed with families in advance and be rescheduled if necessary. Youth are always welcome to bring friends!
- Movie Night (September): Sunday, September 28th, 6:00pm in the Youth Lounge, free pizza provided
- Pumpkin Carving (October): Sunday, October 26th 6:00pm in the Fellowship Hall, free pizza provided
- Bowling at Wow! Zone (November): Sunday, November 23rd, meet at 5:00pm in the Youth Lounge to carpool to Mankato, free dinner will be provided at Wow! Zone
- Christmas Party/White Elephant Gift Exchange (December): Sunday, December 14th, 6:00pm in the Youth Lounge, free pizza provided
Echo the Story, by Sparkhouse
Sunday at 10:10am, beginning Sunday, September 21st
“From creation to the formation of the church, students enter into each Biblical story imaginatively making observations, drawing, writing, and participating in group dialogue. Echo the Story 12 is a 12-session overview of the Bible for youth. The complete Echo the Story experience helps participants discover meaning and identity in the biblical narrative using a DVD, participant Sketch Journal, and detailed Leader Guide.”
I hope to offer a couple of service activities per semester for our Youth Group to be part of. Around Thanksgiving and Christmastime, Loaves & Fishes usually needs help packing food boxes for families, so that’s one option, and I’ll keep an eye out for details.
I hope that we will have Cows for Christmas/Parents Night Out again this December, and help from youth playing with children would be greatly appreciated, so I’ll pass along details on that one as they’re firmed up.